sodium hypochlorite allergy symptoms


Sodium hypochlorite is a chemical commonly found in bleach, water purifiers, and cleaning products. Sodium Hypochlorite accident during Root canal procedure is although rare but has been seen in certain cases which can range from showing mild symptoms to severe symptoms in patients which has to be dealt with immediately. Chlorine reactions may include itchy, red skin or hives (itchy bumps). Ingestion and other exposures to the chemical can cause various symptoms. If it contacts tissues, it can cause injury. An unusual case is reported of accidental extrusion of sodium hypochlorite solution into the maxillary sinus during instrumentation in the course of root canal treatment of a maxillary premolar. If you are allergic to sodium hypochlorite; any part of sodium hypochlorite; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Chemical poisoning -- Sodium Hypochlorite: Sodium Hypochlorite is a chemical used mainly in disinfectants, bleach, deodorizers and as a water purifier. Rationale. This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems. Many fungi colonize indoor environments and produce allergenic proteins that cause adverse health symptoms in sensitive individuals. Chemical poisoning -- Sodium Hypochlorite: Introduction. A good instance of a regular thing made … Sodium Hypochlorite (Hypo) is the most commonly used Root canal Irrigation liquid which has a pale coloration similar to water and has strong odor due to chlorine concentration. Chlorine is also drying to the skin and can irritate existing dermatitis. Sodium hypochlorite, lemon juice, and sulfur dioxide are cases of bleaches. Sodium hypochlorite is a caustic chemical. This is not an allergy but is actually "irritant dermatitis" (like a chemical burn), caused by hypersensitivity to this natural irritant. The effect of sodium hypochlorite (2.4% NaOCl) disinfectant on fungal growth and the presence of allergenic properties was evaluated. Bleach is utilized in several ways: to wash clothing; to disinfect and kill bacteria and germs; and also to lighten the color of hair, skin, teeth, and food. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had. Swallowing sodium hypochlorite can lead to poisoning.